Comment on Xenia

mr.clownfish

tHeY ArE ThE CoOLEsT CorAL iN ThE wOrLD!!!

mine are just thriving and spreading. and i bought a couple of nice pieces today.

I thought it would be cool to have xenia in my tank to. I have been out of state for a few months and my wife has been taking care of my tank and she hates to put her hands in the tank and wont touch the corals at all. I now have a xenia forest in my tank (from what ive seen in the pics I made her send me) that I have to make a bunch of frags out of. That stuff grows like crazy in my tank. In just a few months time I think it has multiplied at least 50 times origional size.

flower

Originally Posted by Lovethemfish
http:///forum/post/3005044
I thought it would be cool to have xenia in my tank to. I have been out of state for a few months
and my wife has been taking care of my tank and she hates to put her hands in the tank and wont touch the corals at all. I now have a xenia forest in my tank (from what ive seen in the pics I made her send me) that I have to make a bunch of frags out of. That stuff grows like crazy in my tank. In just a few months time I think it has multiplied at least 50 times origional size
LOL... ever hear that joke about a guy who moved from Florida to Wisconsin and just loved the snow..long story made short...as time progressed he got to where couldn't stand snow and threatened to kill the snow plow guy...
Well, all tha purdy Xenia growing sooo fast, that looks sooo cool now...I keep mine cropped, but it is a job to keep up with, or it takes over the tank.

I know, it is honestly going to take me a few hours to frag all that xenia, let alone the colt coral that now takes over almost a quarter of my 75 gallon. Hopefully the lfs is in the frag buying mood.

jackri

Yeah place the xenia high -- it likes to spread up and out. I have 1/4 of my tank covered in xenia and... well colt coral now as well to the point where I took out colonies of sps and just put little frags back... but the xenia and leathers are next.

lil.guppy

I love them too! I have a silver tip, dark colored one (dont know the name) white and pink pom pom!