Compact Lights

cranium

Why does everyone use all these VHO lights. all i hear get this VHO that VHO get all this NO that NO and VHO lights and blah blah blah blah. I dont understnd all this I know like three people who just use those Smart Lite lights and there stuff has grown just as good as people with VHO lights if not better. please tell me why everyone always uses all kind of different bulbs like 4 or 5 of them, why dont they just get the smart lite. i know they just came out not to long ago but people on this site still say this and that about how to get all the VHO lights. why doesnt everyone just get SMART LITE.

cranium

Smart Lite puts out more watts than VHO lights the thing is it does not heat up the water. it stays cool. It also is a about a half inch in diameter. The are just to long skiiny bulb a white and a blue. it just came out a few months ago.

mr . salty

Maybe thats why evrybody is using VHO's and PC's. Nobody's heard of these lights. Tell you the truth,I don't know how a 1/2 inch diamiter bulb can put out as much wattage as I've got and not overheat. Give us a link where wee can see these"smart bulbs". STEVE

fishycouple

Ok, I figured it out...the smart lights are nothing different than a PC...The PC bulb has two tubes side by side...one of the "smart Lights" tubes is blue, the other is white...sounds ok..but JBJ has had that for a while!
My advice is to buy your lighting if you go PC, from a reputable LFS...true, you will pay a bit more, but you will be able to get local service...
My 4 light x 55 watt PC (JPL) has 10,000 k bulbs and has popped 4 bulbs since April...My LFS has replaced them all..at no charge, and had even exchanged my entire unit twice during this time. Once it stopped lighting at all, the other it kept blowing the left front bulb!
The adventure continues
Rick