Company question

masta man

Is Oceans Garden (I don't know how to say this) "higher class" than SWF.com. I went to the website, and it looks cooler. ( I still support SWF though)

aquaknight

Perhaps, here is Oceans Garden's Mission:
Oceans' Garden is committed to changing the way we look at the ornamental marine fish industry. We provide a higher quality product since our animals are captive bred or captured in a sustainable fashion. Through our partnerships, we support the fishing communities on sustainable harvesting techniques and we seek to elevate awareness and encourage the purchase of captive bred marine animals.
Social responsibility is the bedrock of our company; we seek to ensure that the fishermen collecting our animals are paid a fair, living wage, and we re-invest 5% of our profits back into the fishing villages to improve their quality of life.

Not really a 'higher class' but for someone who is concerned about from where and how their creatures are collected.
Which is a bit ironic, because they have chili coral on the coral list, which, A.)Isn't aquacultured and B.) Has dismal survival rates in home aquariums....

michaeltx

actually its the
Through our partnerships, we support the fishing communities on sustainable harvesting techniques and we seek to elevate awareness and encourage the purchase of captive bred marine animals.
the red is the area that needs to be looked at. The chilli coral can live and thrive in a tank but grow super slow and most people think they are dead even though they can stay closed up for months at a time. Since the coral can be harvested in a suistainable manner it falls under those requirments.
as far as classier its the same owner as SWF.com but is a new website so there is more graphics and stuff on there thats not on here. This site was setup long before scott took over and its easier and cheaper to maintain than to overhaul and start from scratch. Just my opinion though. If you want to really know and direct from the owner set a post in the ask SWF.com forum and ask away for a direct responce from them.
Mike