Compatability

nacl freak

I imagine so if..... you have pristine water conditions, good flow[as clams are filter feeders] as well as adequate lighting.

bigpapa

Ok good, I have the tank set for the clam but wanted to add the anenome and a couple clowns as they wont bother the clam--they would be the only fish. I just want to make sure the anenome wouldnt stress the clam by stinging or by other means.

candycane

NO. Is the clam in there yet? From what I am reading, it appears that you have the clam but not the anemone, is that right? If the anemone is just added, it might still move around a good deal. If the anemone had been in the tank and stationary for a year or so, then it MIGHT be ok. Even then if the anemone decides to move, it could still harm the clam.

bigpapa

No, neither the clam or the anenome are in the tank just yet. All I have in there is the LR and the 2 young clowns. I always check b4 I add because I realize I am still new at this. I guess I could have a coral type in there for the clowns to host as I do want to add a clam. I just wanted to make sure about the anenome and I kinda figured you(CC) would chime in at some point and give some good advice.

im not sure how new this tank is, (you said you were new at this), but you should wait a few months after the cycle before adding things that need pristine water quality. also, i would add the anemone first so it gets settled-which usually happens within a day or two if lighting is sufficient, then add the clam(s)

codylowe

I agree on adding the anemone first and then the clam. The anemone will move until it finds a spot it likes. I have both in my tank and my anemone hasn't moved since a week or two after i got it.

bigpapa

LOL sorry about the confusion. I have had the tank set up for about 8 months now. I am new to corals/anenomes. I have previously only done Fowlr tanks and am now delving into high lighting and what I can do with it. I am trying the anenome first but nobody seems to have a rbta that I am looking for