Compatability

mburrou1

I currently have a Cinnamin Clown and a Yellow Tang in my 30 gallon fish only tank. I want to add only one more fish to the tank. My pet store suggested a trigger, but I also want to keep some crabs, srimp, and snails. I just wanted to see if anyone had a good colorful suggestion for my last fish. I was not aware of how aggressive the clown fish would be. Clown was added fist (2 weeks Ago), Tang 1 week ago. Both fish are about 2 1/2 inches.

veskas

Check the compatibility charts at this site & some others. You can't put a trigger with inverts. I'd go with a small angel (flame, coral beauty or lemonpeel, or a butterfly. Banggai cardinals are nice & foxface is really peaceful.
Good luck.

fishgirl

I personally would add the trigger and forget the srimps and stuff, but if your hearts set on them, go with a pygmy angel -- they go great with tangs and clowns. I have a 30-gallon tank with a tang and a clown too.

denise melton

Originally posted by mburrou1:
I currently have a Cinnamin Clown and a Yellow Tang in my 30 gallon fish only tank. I want to add only one more fish to the tank. My pet store suggested a trigger, but I also want to keep some crabs, srimp, and snails. I just wanted to see if anyone had a good colorful suggestion for my last fish. I was not aware of how aggressive the clown fish would be. Clown was added fist (2 weeks Ago), Tang 1 week ago. Both fish are about 2 1/2 inches.

i have a niger trigger and i have some snails, shrimp,and crabs and he could care less about them. hes a very docile fish but maybe i just got a nice one.