Compatibility of Tangs

reefside oc

I know there are a few different types of tangs that you can not keep together. I would eventually like to have 2-3 different tangs in my 150 gal tank. I was wondering if the Gold Rim, Blue Hippo and Sailfin tang are compatible together. Thanks.

jackri

I keep a yellow tang and a blue hippo together... during QT my blue hippo and sailfin were together.
You have a big enough tank to really keep 3 IMO -- introduce the most aggressive of them last. Same shaped ones should be introduced together otherwise can get very territorial.
Funny side note... my blue hippo won't eat unless he has his eating partner eating with him... the yellow tang... once the yellow tang rips at algae sheets then the blue hippo will.
Wierd blue hippo but he's fat and healthy.

culp

with my hippo he or she won't eat the algae sheet until the Sailfin gets his part first. the Sailfin teaches the Hippo who is boss.

mantisman51

I got a beautiful 6" hippo from SWF a couple weeks ago. He takes no poop from the 5" yellow tang he is sharing the QT with. I've had the yellow for over a year and had to QT him shortly after getting the BH. The yellow and BH get along fine, now that the yellow lets the BH eat first. Never had a sailfin, but since they are similiar to yellows, I would think they are on the aggressive side.

Hi everyone, I have a hippo, yellow tang, sailfin, and a foxface. All are best of friends and always school together even though they have a 240 gal tank.

windlasher

Originally Posted by Reefside OC
http:///forum/post/3038558
I know there are a few different types of tangs that you can not keep together. I would eventually like to have 2-3 different tangs in my 150 gal tank. I was wondering if the Gold Rim, Blue Hippo and Sailfin tang are compatible together. Thanks.
I have a yellow, a sailfin, and a lopezi in my 220. they all school together which is very cool.

unleashed

Originally Posted by Reefside OC
http:///forum/post/3038558
those 3 should be ok together they all different body shapes.