compatibility with my tessalata?

jcarroll

My tessalata is almost 3 feet long. What do you guys think of putting a 12" snowflake in there with him? Or should I put him in my 55 fowlr? If you say 55, will eat my fish? I have any size from chromis to yellow tang

louti

I would put the snowflake in the 55. I would not worry about the snowflake eating your fish. They are very docile eels. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the tessalata ate the snowflake if you put them together.

myerst22

That Tessy will take a 12" SF very quickly as long ANYTHING else you put in the tank with it. In that small of an environment a 3' Tessalata will attack almost everything you put in the tank including your hands. I had a 4' Tessy in a 90 gallon that took out huge groupers, triggers and tried my hand once. A 55 gallon is a bit small for a 3' Tessy as it will get much bigger. One of those eels that should only be kept in very large aquariums. They get very big and have a really nasty attitude. The Tessy I had knocked off the top that had a cinderblock on top of it!! Regards, Tim

jcarroll

Actually, the tessa is in my 175 by himself. I was just wondering which tank I should choose to put the new snowflake in.
After thinking it over, I decided to try the snowflake in the 175 with Max, my tessa. It was crazy, a few times they would get within a few inches of each other's heads and I was just wincing, sometimes covering my eyes because I thought for sure my tessa would eat the snowflake. But, they've actually become pretty good friends! I think my tessa has decided to become a mother to the snowflake. I saw my snowflake in a cave earlier, and the tessa was chilling outside of it with it's head sticking in a little window! It was very cute. The snowflake would go over and touch his mouth to hers and then move around and go back again to greet her. I'm a little concerned about the snowflake though. I noticed it's twitching his head a little bit from side to side. I also noticed a few stringy things hanging from the bottom side of him, up near his head. They almost look like little bristle worms, they're that small. Not bristle worms though. Any thoughts?