compatibility with royal gramma

bill109

hi i have a 12 gal. no fish and am new havent stasrtesd my 1st cycle but i am tomorrow
for the future what is compatible with a royal gramma in a 12 gal? clown angel?? firefish gobi, yellow watchman?

emhcee

I have a royal gramma, two clowns (tank raised percula), a 3 stripe damsel and a mandarin goby and they all get along great!

sd_angler

Gammas should in theory be pretty timid, just dont tell that to the one I have. Hes quite a beast, attacking tangs and any new fish that enters my tank, hes the boss in my tank, but he might just be the exeption. But yeah, I have had other gammas before and they have all been tmid and to themselves. Dont worry.

sepulatian

The gramma, firefish and yellow watchman will do well in your 12 gal. You may also want to add a neon goby. They max out at about 3 inches and provide a wonderfull cleaning service to your fish. Be carefull not to overstock. Select just a few little guys for your tank. You could also get some blue leg hermits and a turbo snail or 2.

promisetbg

I would not put more than 2 fish in a 12 if one is going to be a royal gramma. They can get pretty big for that size tank. 3-4 is way overstocked. Royal grammas can be quite aggressive with conspecifics{same body shape}. No angel should be kept in a 12 gal. tank. Get a small goby to go with it like an eviota species, clown goby, red banded, green banded, bumblebee goby, neon goby,yasha white ray. Something that stays under 2".