compitition

agent 14

i have two juvenile clowns and they were inseperable in the tank at my LFS. Now when i put them into my tank with my false perc they fight over who is going to swim with the false perc. Are they competing each other for the right to breed with the false perc...or is this
just thier way of playing?:notsure:

I

ivanfj

Are they all false perc??? I think 3 is not the number that you want for clowns.

viper_930

Well, in a community tank, there is only one breeding female and breeding male. And now the ocellaris is the breeding female, and the two perculas are fighting to become the breeding male. I am not saying they WILL breed with the third juvenile in the tank, that's just how their society works. The resulting pair may end up killing the third clown.

viper_930

Yes. You will be raising the young, right? If i were you, I'd take the ocellaris out because the babies of true percs will sell for a higher price.

agent 14

so thats not just the female being aggresive to the male....i was reading inavfj's thread and he said he bought his just like mine and his are doing the same thing:notsure:

agent 14

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

if i take out the false perc will the strongest juvenile turn female
and if so how long will this take?

viper_930

Yes. The strongest one will immediately start turning female. I heard that it would tank 3 weeks to fully change, but I am not sure about that.
Don't rush trying to breed clowns so fast. Slow down, and do much more research.

agent 14

ok......ill just give the false perc to my cus he lives down the street from me so if thye two dont work out ill just get him back
I BOW DOWN TO YOU
THANK YOU I AM NOT WORTHY

some one posted pics of clowns breeding...go to "fish photography" then look for my thead and there should be links to them......il llet you know how this turns out
THANKS

I

ivanfj

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
Huh? What are you trying to say? You got me confused.

Oh, I bet agent14 read my thread about my pair not really pairing up, because mine were bought from the same tank at the same time and it's been 5 months and they are yet to pair up. And maybe that's why agent14 wanna get some clowns to pair up the old clown. :thinking: