Complete 55 gallon with tons of extras - Western NY

masterzeus

Beautiful Salt Water Reef Fish Aquarium with tons of extrasFor sale: A beautiful 55-gallon reef saltwater fish tank (~48"x16"x66"). This tank has been set up for approximately 10 years in various locations and configurations. It has been set up at its currently location for over 7 years. Visit http://homepage.mac.com/masterzeus/PhotoAlbum40.html to see a full photo album of the most recent pictures (my camera sucks at taking aquarium pictures, sorry). Also, using the links at the top, you can view pictures of the tank from various other times going back almost 7 years. Included with the tank: 1) 55 gallon tank.
2)
Wood tank hood capable of holding a large array of lights, including metal halides, with 4 cooling blower fans.
3)
Wood stand capable of holding a large array of sump components.
4)
5x 96-watt power compact lights (3x are installed as a retrofit kit, 2x as a separate unit that would work well for a second tank or refugium).
5)
Many extra (~7) 96-watt power compact light bulbs. All of which were used at least 9 months. You will want to get new bulbs and use these as backups.
6)
16 gallon sump that sits under the tank that houses the return pump and protein skimmer.
7)
Aqua C EV protein skimmer (model 150, I believe) with an appropriately sized RIO powerhead (2100 or 2500, I believe). This skimmer is pretty beat up, but still functions great with minimal maintenance.
8)
3x continuous overflows and 2 more traditional style overflows. I usually use 2 on the tank. The other 3 can be used for another tank or as backups.
9)
Magdrive 7 return pump.
10)
Tons of live rock. I have no idea how much exactly, but you can see how much is in the picture. I also have several large buckets full of dried out live rock. If you put these rocks in the tank, they would become "live" again in a couple of months. There is way more rock available than would fit in this tank. There is probably enough rock total to fill a 125 gallon tank pretty well.
11)
Fish/Inverts: 1 yellow tang, 1 deep blue damsel with yellow tail, 2 large tomato clowns, tons of clean up crew critters (100s of snails, shrimp and crabs have been added in the past 2 years, I have no idea how many are still alive since they really only come out at night). All the fish are at least 2 years old.
12)
Corals: All the corals you see in the pictures below. The most prominent are the hairy mushrooms, leathery/colt corals and green star polyps. There are many more corals that are not easily seen by a camera, but most of those are pretty small and/or not anything special.
13)
2 extra 20 gallon long fish tanks - perfect for a larger refugium, quarantine, breeder and/or coral propagation tank.
14)
~10 gallon refugium tank (arcrylic) plumbed in line with the sump tank.
15)
A bunch of Miny Might Lights. These small lights are nice for a refugium tank. I have 4 or 5 of them, but I am not sure how many still work as they are quite old.
16)
1 wet/dry trickle filter and most of the parts for a second one.
17)
300 watt heater.
18)
Tons of extras that were accumulated throughout the years while the hobby of reef keeping matured including various pumps (a few rios and mags), old protein skimmers, heaters, plumping fixtures, etc.
I would like to sell the whole thing in 1 shot if possible. If I don't get anyone interested in that, I would be willing to break things up, but I cannot sell things like the lights and tank before I sell the inhabitants.
If there is anything listed here that you do NOT want, you obviously don't have to take it!
This is a substantial amount of stuff. It will take a while to disassemble, move and reassemble it. It will take a large vehicle or several trips to move it all. If you are not that far away, I would be willing to help reassemble. But, you would be responsible for the transportation containers for the fish, water, rock and invertebrates.

masterzeus

Originally Posted by oneradtek
http:///forum/post/2545150
price?
Oops, I thought I had it in there. I was really hoping to sell the entire thing together as 1 piece. It would be a lot quicker and easier than ripping it apart and selling everything in the correct sequence.
I was hoping to get $1,000 for it all. I know that sounds like a lot, but, believe me, there is a lot of stuff here that would cost much more than that if purchased separately.
I don't know exactly how much live rock there is, but at least 100 pounds live and another 100+ dried up. It was from 3 different tanks that were eventually torn down (2 55g and 1 65g).

dawnm

I'm interested in some of your corals, You aren't to far from me, what prices are you looking for? I'd like some mushrooms, stars and kenya tree?

masterzeus

Originally Posted by mumbulog
http:///forum/post/2550531
I was wondering how much for all your corals?
I am not sure yet. If I decide to split it, I would definitely like to sell those first. I was thinking about $200. Does that sound good? Most of the are firmly attached to live rock, so you would be getting quite a bit of rock with it. Let me know if you are interested and I may start splitting the stuff up.

masterzeus

Originally Posted by slt wtr stupid
http:///forum/post/2548418
Would you be willing to sell the dried rock seperate and if so how much would you ask?
Does $1 a pound sound ok? It would have to be recured as it wasn't washed too well before it dried out.

mumbulog

I am intersted in all the corals still. Before I commit to a price can you give me a list of exactly what you have. If I take them, I will be making a 3 hour drive, so I want to make sure its worth it.

masterzeus

Originally Posted by mumbulog
http:///forum/post/2552228
I am intersted in all the corals still. Before I commit to a price can you give me a list of exactly what you have. If I take them, I will be making a 3 hour drive, so I want to make sure its worth it.
10-15 Colt Corals - Most medium sized
10-15 Hairy Mushrooms - Most large sized
2 medium to large sized Green Star Polyp colonies
1 small rock covered in Button Polyps (~20 polyps)
3-4 very small Candy Cane Coral polyps
a few other random mushrooms and polyps in other places
The colt corals and hairy mushrooms are hard to get an accurate count on since they are so close together.
Pretty much, exactly how you see in the latest pictures that I linked above but with a few of the Green Star Polyps removed from the middle (I am keeping a small rock of them for my other tank).

masterzeus

Bump. Anyone else interested? I got a number of good leads for splitting it up and 1 good lead on the package. I just want to make sure no one else is interested before I go through with it.

jrod005

I would like to get the Magdrive 7 return pump and live rock. I just bought a new tank and I'm needing live rock.