computer video card

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You should review the games that you like and then go online and see which card runs best with them.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Look for some forums for those video games and then look around the forum to see what others are using.

roofis

get the 6800gt. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Dont' get the ultra because it's just overrated. You can get a 6800gt pretty cheap now and usually will come w/ games. I actually have mine overclocked a bit. It's really nice, good, clean game play **far cry, doom3..etc..** and really, just love it.

maeistero

ati is an awesome card... when it's working. mine crashes about every two weeks. great card, but crappy software. their support sucks also on the site. i'll probably not buy another. i got this one for the dual monitor support and tivo capabilities, but not worth it.

maeistero

Originally Posted by Muneyd00d
Mae, you might have an overheating problem. I've always used ATI cards and IMO, theyre the way to go.
i'm sure that's not the case. i do visit a lot of virus laden sites, and they get to the ati software before anything else. i've been going through this for a couple years now and it's really annoying. my temps are very low inside and out though. i LOVED this card for awhile when it wasnt' being attacked.

caomt

you should look and try different drivers.. usually video cards work best with the ones the come with instead of the ones updated... driverguide.com
little buck you play cs? i play too! give me ip.. imma pwn!

caomt

ive had the same comp for about 7 years... thing still runs like a champ.. i hate dells and all those other names.. you cant upgrade when you need to... replacing a part you have to call their factory.. you cant just go to the local pc store and pick up parts...

caomt

fishking are you buying a real nvidia card or a generic one? id go witha generic one same thing just better price

caomt

oh yeh! i use to work at my uncles computer shop here in kc.. i build custom computers for great price too!

muneyd00d

Originally Posted by maeistero
i'm sure that's not the case. i do visit a lot of virus laden sites, and they get to the ati software before anything else. i've been going through this for a couple years now and it's really annoying. my temps are very low inside and out though. i LOVED this card for awhile when it wasnt' being attacked.

Have you tried using firefox? It helps keep away from a LOT of virus's. www.mozilla.com .
I've used it for a long time and i've had no problem with virus'. The problems your having sound more of the users fault than ATI's or the cards.