Conceal and Carry License

reefraff

Good luck getting the supreme court to give unrestricted gun rights. I'll even admit that is not practical in today's world but it would be nice if the feds would actually follow the correct method of modifying the gun laws through a constitutional amendment. There are too many idiots in high concentrations to allow flat out allow anyone to carry a gun around.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/381152/conceal-and-carry-license/20#post_3319202
Good luck getting the supreme court to give unrestricted gun rights. I'll even admit that is not practical in today's world but it would be nice if the feds would actually follow the correct method of modifying the gun laws through a constitutional amendment. There are too many idiots in high concentrations to allow flat out allow anyone to carry a gun around.
Some states recognize this right and have no CCW laws. Citizens may carry at will with zero infringement.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/381152/conceal-and-carry-license/20#post_3319262
Zactly. You need to have some laws. I just worry about someone with no clue about proper firearms etiquette carrying a 45 auto around in a fanny pack.
Yup. We are way past the point of just allowing anyone to carry. That's why we have to settle for CCW. My problem with CCW is that sheriff Jerkwad can decide who will and who won't get one. In Ca, some people get them freely while people in the next county are not afforded the right to defend themselves with a firearm. I tried to boot the sheriff here for one that thinks the citizens are responsible people rather than wild animals to be kept under thumb.
My fellow San Diegans prefer Sheriff Jerkwad.

reefraff

In Montana the sheriff in the country where I lived would give you one if you really wanted it but I heard his office give this advice more than once. If you are just carrying in your can save yourself the aggravation because the laws their allowed for carrying a loaded gun in the car as long as it was in plain sight or holstered. Believe AZ used to have the same law.

mantisman51

In Az within the city limits it had to be in plain sight, no restrictions outside city limits. Now you can put it wherever you want anytime. BTW, th leftists have almost got the good guys brainwashed: the bad people you don't think should have guns, already do. So these gun control restrictions only impede the rights of the law abiding, which is why our great legislature changed our law back to it's Constitutional roots. The fact that we in Arizona have repealed an un Constitutional gun law means it can be done anywhere, if the will of the people is to do so. I was watching a CNN special during the 08 election and they were crying about the fact that 28 states (Colorado and Iowa were mentioned) changed their laws to allow deadly force to defend property as well as life and health. The reason being law makers were sick of the legal nightmare people who used a gun to defend themselves had to go through if an over zealous prosecutor wanted to press assault or murder charges because they are anti-gun. Every state that has liberalized gun laws has had a parallel reduction in crime. Because the "idiots with a 45 in their fanny pack" either already do or wouldn't carry one anyways. Criminals don't care if the law says not to do something like carry a concealed gun, breaking laws is what they do-that's what makes them criminals. Gun control laws only affect law abiding citizens.

mrdc

We just recently had a home invasion near my area and I live in what's considered a good and safe area. Two men broke into a home that was occupied at the time by a mom and two year old. They robbed the place and someone the police were notified. When they arrived, one of the two men used the toddler as a shield and eventually dropped the child and ran away. The two mean are still at large. Fortunately no one was hurt but who knows how it would have ended if the police hadn't arrived.
If someone breaks into my home while I am there, I hope I am able to access one of my many home defense weapons.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/381152/conceal-and-carry-license/20#post_3319299
I was watching a CNN special during the 08 election and they were crying about the fact that 28 states (Colorado and Iowa were mentioned) changed their laws to allow deadly force to defend property as well as life and health. The reason being law makers were sick of the legal nightmare people who used a gun to defend themselves had to go through if an over zealous prosecutor wanted to press assault or murder charges because they are anti-gun. Every state that has liberalized gun laws has had a parallel reduction in crime. Because the "idiots with a 45 in their fanny pack" either already do or wouldn't carry one anyways. Criminals don't care if the law says not to do something like carry a concealed gun, breaking laws is what they do-that's what makes them criminals. Gun control laws only affect law abiding citizens.
More proof you shouldn't trust what you hear in the media. A guy here in Co just got prosecuted for shooting at a couple guys who were stealing his trailer.
We do have an interesting version of "make my day". You can stand your ground ANYWHERE it would be logical and reasonable for you to be and use deadly force to do so. That means if you are threatened anywhere you happen to be (assuming you have the legal right to be there) and shoot someone it's legal. No legal obligation to retreat rather than fight either.