Confirmation that fish do get gas

i love fish

okay, I posted a thread about a month ago about whether fish get gas or not, and no one really answered the question, just alot of jokes (which By the way was very entertaining), but I finally have confirmation that they do get gas.
Here's the scenario:
I was sitting watching the suspect :FOXY (my foxface), he's just finished eating his meal, then he did this thing with his anal fins that he usually does when he's about to poop. Next thing you know, no poop, afew medium sized bubbles just ripped out of his rear end and went up to the surface of the water. Afew seconds or so later he did that thing with his anal fins again and finally his poop comes out.
So there you have it, it must be gas, I mean what else can it be?

groupergenius

I have a Lamarks angel that does it all the time. He eats bubbles near the surface all the time. After a while it gets hard for him to swim down then....it happens.

I had a constipated beta. Not kidding. It got this huge transparent belly. It looked like it was about to pop. I did a google search and learned that the water temp was too cold which made since because he was just in a glass container and the thermostate drops the house temp during the day. The search suggested putting a desk light over the jar to warm the water and it worked he was singing "I feel good duh, duh, duh,duh duh, duh" Anyhow, the bubble belly went away and he is fine. Had to do a water change BTW.

dsbdude

Could add this one to the reef addict thread...if you notice your fish has gas, you might be a reef addict

butters

ive seen my niger trigger pop a couple bubbles off, i figured he may have swallowed some bubbles from feeding, but i dunno

boardhead

After an allege strip my purple tang gets gas and you see the bubbles rising to the top. He trys to eat the whole thing in one swallow...