Confused about my AquaC skimmer and mag3

A

anmldr

OK, so I am still in the set up stage (working on making water). I purchased an Aqua C Remora Pro with Mag 3 and was putting the pump on the skimmer - it looks like the pump is too big. I also have that extra box that is suppose to eliminate the bubbles. The directions say that the pump should be in one side of the box but it doesn't fit... I already checked the invoice and I have the right box for the mag 3....
Also how do you tell which is the input/output on the pump.
Thanks
Colleen

rbaldino

Originally Posted by anmldr
OK, so I am still in the set up stage (working on making water). I purchased an Aqua C Remora Pro with Mag 3 and was putting the pump on the skimmer - it looks like the pump is too big. I also have that extra box that is suppose to eliminate the bubbles. The directions say that the pump should be in one side of the box but it doesn't fit... I already checked the invoice and I have the right box for the mag 3....
Also how do you tell which is the input/output on the pump.
Thanks
Colleen
Okay, input is on the bottom of the pump, output comes out the side and you should be able to aim it (sorry, not real familiar with the Mag pumps). The output end needs to be attached to the skimmer; there should be a short plastic tube and hose clamp for this.
You'll probably have to turn the pump around 180 degrees from it's normal position to get it to fit into the prefilter box. The only reason I could think of for it not to fit is if you have the box for the regular Remora and not the Pro. Good luck.

A

anmldr

The prefilter box is the one designed for the Mag3, that is why i didn't understand why it wouldn't fit all the way. It fits you just have to jam it in. One of my friends is going to come over tomorrow to take a look at it..

92protruck

maybe you can post a pic? the pump goes in the left side of the box. the input of the pump points toward the right side. There is an indention in the left side of the box where the intake of the pump sits. The output faces straight up and is attached to the clear tubing. It shouldn't be tight. After its in, you tighten the thumb screws against the pump to hold the box at the height you want. hope this helps.

A

allenk

I had the same problem with mine when I set it up, though I think I had a different pump. With mine, the pump had a plastic cover that went over the intake that had to be removed in order to get it to fit. Is there any part of your pump that can be removed like in my case?
If all else fails, call customer service at Aqua C. They were very helpful.

A

anmldr

I think I got it all set up, thanks for the help. Haven't started it yet, still putting water in my tank.. That is a long process in its self...