~Confused~

jake15

Last question about the lighting. I want to get Anemones and some zoos and easy coarls. I understand the actual lights but i dont under stand the differences between them and what kind I would need for my tank and how much it would cost. If someone could help me out on this it would be super great.
Thanks,
Jake
(tank pictured)
still cycling

msd2

Originally posted by Jake15
Last question about the lighting. I want to get Anemones and some zoos and easy coarls. I understand the actual lights but i dont under stand the differences between them and what kind I would need for my tank and how much it would cost. If someone could help me out on this it would be super great.
Thanks,
Jake
(tank pictured)
still cycling

Well to do it right and the shape of ur tank I would say MH. Anem and zoos like light, and lots of it. Id put in a 250wt mh 10k bulb, and supp with a few no actinic bulbs. Its what I run and I get good growth and a nice pleasing color. cost not sure about probably 250, depending on how much work your willing to put into it.

chandler04

Yea, u can get a pendent, or u can buy a ballast cheap at a website, set up yer own hood, then get a bulb. I saw this place once that was selling ballasts for WAY lower prices than aquarium places, probably cuz aquarium places can ut a much bigger tag on em. The ballast works the same as anyother, just, u need a different bulb for the full spctrum effect... IF u email me, I MIGHT be bale to figure out where that place was, I kinda forget...:D
Chandler044@aol.com