confused

upyurzbudy

hey everyone -
i was going to order my tank this weekend but i am confused what size to get i wanted the 72 gal bow front metal collection from oceanic but the time i put a four inch sand bed in it its not going to be that big so show i get the 90 gal ? please help me out to deside what to get thanks

djnsocal

Why not put 1/2 inch of sand and plenty-o-live rock in there...4 inches is a spitload of sand (for my tastes). Remember, you can have a very successful tank with no sand at all... If you like the look of the bow... go for it... It's a nice sized tank (But, if you can go bigger... you'll be happy you have extra space when things grow--or you find corals that you just have to have). That's just my two cents :D
DJ

I

ivanfj

I believe they might make 92 bow as well. I could be wrong but it might be better for you to check their website. Keep in mind that with taller tanks, you would need better lighting penetration for the bottom of your tank.

upyurzbudy

thank for the advise everyone, i just thought that after putting that much sand in the tank it would take away alot of space, and i just didnt want to buy the 72 and down the road want the 90 because the 72 was not going to be fit to my needs,
but if anyone has advise please post

durabane

remember when you are planning your tank. think How much can I handle. you dont want to get a tank u cant reach to the bottom of its hard to move stuff around if you are 5 foot tall and have to get a step ladder to change the positioning on a coral or rock. Think what you want to spend. I know I change my FW tank over to a SW and sometimes think U know If I had only gotten a 55 it would be just as pretty and would look fuller for the same $$$. I know 5 years from now when I have every nock and cranny full of polyps and mushrooms I will be wishing I had the 150 and and not the 100 but the main thing is to enjoy what you are doing. If you are a right now type person go with a smaller tank so u can see instant success and upgrade trust me it will save u headaches. If you are the type person who can plan 5 years down the road go with the bigger tank and go man in 3 years this tank is going to look awesome
just my 2 cents

upyurzbudy

thanks everyone again for all the help, if anyone has any ideas to through out there to help me out with buying things just post them up please thanks again

ctgretzky9

Go with the 92! Bigger is better, and will be a little bit easier to keep your water parameters in check.
Keep in mind-the warnings however about the depth is correct. I have a 60 hex, and man, geting to the bottom of the tank is a challenge! I have to stand on a chair, and I have a long pair of grabbers for moving anything I need to.

daceman89

you will regret it latter if you don't go bigger. trust me, up grading your tank size is an awful and tiredsome job. not including if the equiptment you have can't handle the up grade,
Hummmmmmm,
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Good luck with your choice