confussed in richmond

greg peck

my saltwater fish one at a time stop eating they act like they want to but within days there belly starts turning a grey color and then cant eat at this point. I have checked my water test nothing shows up. then they start loosing weight and die I need some help. Greg Peck

dmanatee

can you tell us some more details about your set up?
Size of tank, age of tank. Temperature of water, what type of fish you have tried, what have you been feeding.
We need data. "Can't make bricks without clay."

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg peck http:///t/397196/confussed-in-richmond#post_3539439
my saltwater fish one at a time stop eating they act like they want to but within days there belly starts turning a grey color and then cant eat at this point. I have checked my water test nothing shows up. then they start loosing weight and die I need some help. Greg Peck

Hi,

Welcome to the site... Sorry it's under such sad circumstances.

We do need the exact test result numbers, equipment list, and what type of food you were using. How long has the tank been established and what type of fish you had.

Are you using live rock, what kind of substrate?

silverado61

How long has your tank been set up?

Did you let it cycle properly?

Did you cycle with fish? I hope the answer is no to that one. I made that mistake.

How many fish did you add at one time?

Did you QT them?

Do you acclimate them properly?

I only ask because I noticed you just joined the site recently which indicates that you might be a newbie like me.

Always learning.