Congrats to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well just an hour ago at 10 pm I went down stairs to my family room where my 75 gallon reef tank is to turn on the tv. In the reflection off of the tank I saw some white stuff floating around the tank because the lights were off. It turned the lights on the saw about 500-1000 baby cleaner shimp that must have hatched an hour and half ago because my lights go off at exacty 9:34 pm est. Using a turkey baster that I use to target I grabbed as many as I could and put them in my fuge with cheato in the sump hopefully some will live and make it but if not I still have a breading pair of clearner shrimp. What a great late Chrismas present. I grabed a couple of shots that I will try to post later. Im just really excited,anyone else had this happen?

S

scoobs

sweet I have heard this happen to other ppl.. to bad they must be really good to eat :p

jchmiel

My cleaner shrimp do that every 20-30 days. I know that they hatched cause they always seem to molt right after. I tryed to put some in the sump but the flow is too fast for them. I feed mysis and flakes (in the main tank) and I always see little shrimp stealing food and running around with pieces to big for them to eat. None have ever reached more then a centimeter or so, but they are without a doubt cleaner shrimp.