connecting a cal reacor to sump...??

mr. tuna

Hey,
How would i connect a dual chamber calcium reactor to my sump? I have a tube going from my tank, into my sump and skimmer, going to my pump, which goes to my UV, then to my display. How would i connect the reactor to that?
Thanks.

tony detroit

Or a better choice would be hooking directly to the drain line going to the sump, put in a T fitting and divert the water to your reactor.

mr. tuna

Ok, but i dont have space to put the reactor in the back.
Can i place it in front of the sump, and have a tube running across connecting to it?
Here is a pic, i was thinking of placing it in front of the sump..

I used the pressure method of feeding the reactor. The suction did not work for me I found in longer runs and for peace of mind to have positive pressure flow helps. Using a t fitting.I went 1" pvs t fitting to 1/2" stepped down to 1/4". I stepped this down to a 1/4" fiiting, The main pump was used a little Giant MD4scq so the size to large of the pump does not matter. I also put a shut off ball valve, located in the ice making section of the homedepot, to control the flow if I needed to. This worked inline with the ball valve provided on the top of the reactor.

mr. tuna

oh.. So the pump will feed the cal reactor while pushing the water from the calc reactor in to the line connecting to the sump?
Tony,
If i were to get the ''T'' shaped tool, and connect the base to the calc reactor, and the other 2 sides to the line coming from the tank, and the line going to the sump, would that one tool get water into the calc reactor, and back out to the sump?
Thanks

tony detroit

No, a T fitting you would hook up to your drain line that goes to your sump and divert some water to your reactor to feed it. Most reactors have a hose that comes off of them and that is what drips the effluent water.