Considering 24g Aquapod

onephish2

Im pretty new to the salt water fish scene, and am strongly considering starting up a 24 gallon Aquapod. Ive been shopping around and found them for $200 at a local fish store. After is all said and done how much am i looking spending? Planning on setting up an average-nice tank, maybe 35 lbs of live rock? All suggestions, ideas, or anything are appreciated! Thanks!

pclown

I have the Aquapod 24G, and I love it. From what I have seen around $200, it is not a bad price.
Something that I would suggest is to buy the one with MH Lights. It cost about $350. Unless you only want to keep soft corals and mushrooms in it. Just because they say it can live under PC lighting does not mean that it will grow or the colors will look the way you had planned. I would upgrade. I bought the one with the regular lights and I found all these corals that I wanted but I did not have enough light. Also rule out anemones (even BTA's). I have tried it and I bleached it. So I just upgraded my lights but it cost me more by upgrading than if I had bought it with MH in the first place.
But go with what you feel is best for you.
Prices
- The basics to get started
Aquapod - $200
Live Sand - $30
Live Rock - 35lbs - $150
Heater - $15
Thermometer - $3
Salt Mix - $15
RO/DI water 25G - $12
Test Kits - $50
Est. Total - $475 May be more according to the quality of products that you buy.