containers to buy water

thegrog

The 5 gallon water jugs that you get drinking water out of from the grocery store. Only cost like $2-$3 each. I have my own RO but have a few of those on emergency standby.

ol'salty

New--never used gas cans work too. Also the water bottles for the "water cooler" works good for me.

nigerbang

Wally World sells "AquaTainers" Its a 7 gallon jug with a nozzle that can be adjusted for flow rate for like $8

nel621

Originally Posted by astross89
what and where is the best place to buy containers to carry the water you buy at your lfs?
Go to your local chinese food take out or rstaurant.They buy oil in 5 gal plastic containers with a screw on lid.Ask them to save a few for you. Wash them out very good with some boiling hot water and vinegar.sterilize the heck out of them and there you go!I have 3,no problem.Will be getting 3 more.Just found out a lfs will GIVE me RO water!

dadszx7

IMO,
You're taking a chance using a used container with whatever product inside previously. Is saving 10 dollars really worth jeopardizing your 100.00 clown trigger??? :scared:

extremepcs

Milk jugs... Especially if your tank needs extra calcium
I use Homer buckets from Home Depot. The lids seal really tight. A big plus when you drive like I do.

nailer

Home depot has the Blue 5 gal. w/ lid and in-the-tank spout. Anything larger i suspect would be a pain in the butt to carry around. Garden department.

conch

I use the Aquatainer from wallyworld as well and I love it 7 gallons with a pourspout it's great. Go to a camping section of you favorite megamart

judyk

I just use 5 gallon gas cans I labled with water[/U] accross all sides. Make sure you get the ones with a handle on the top and side for easier pouring.