convict goby

I was at my LFS yesterday and they have a fish there labeled a convict goby. Apparently they tunnel under the sand and build caverns to live in. I watched it for a while and rather liked its behavior. Currently I have a 55 g reef tank with 2 percula clowns and a six line wrasse. Does anybody have any experience with this fish?
I have a couple questions
1. How big do they get i.e. can I keep it in a 55 g.
2. Are they reef safe?
3. Will it get along with the clowns and the wrasse?

myreef05

It is an Engineer Gobie. I had 2 in my 55 then switched to a 125. They can get 12+" and love to dig. Reef safe, but may cover corals on the substrate with sand as they escavate. Definately need the live rock on the botton, then the sand to prevent any tumbling rocks.

bizkitpug

My best friend had one and it was great for the sand. I went and bought one and all he did was stay in the corner and dig it up every night. I have heard all great things about them but the one I had was not that exciting.

Originally Posted by bizkitpug
My best friend had one and it was great for the sand. I went and bought one and all he did was stay in the corner and dig it up every night. I have heard all great things about them but the one I had was not that exciting.
Mine is pretty awesome. It does dig much more as it gets older though. Just wait.
And make sure your rock is stable!!! If one takes a tumble and cracks the glass, well... your whole tank is in a 911, very expensive emergency situation.