cool but

ryand

ok i just figured out the coolist thing last night/this morning i have a hickhiker featherduster that eather revived itself from the dead or was just bearly living for more then a month. my cycle is complete and my clean up crew is working its tails off trying to get all the algea gone. but i havent noticed the little guy untell i hadded to sand sifting snails (really cool but does anybody know much about them??) and that day were the first one barried himself i noticed right beside him was a fether duster... i wonder if he could of hitch-hiked off of him or did he just live that long without me noticing..? o and for a clean up crew i have...
2 mexican turbos
to austrea turbos
1 emerald crab(only because they didnt have 2)
and 2 sand sifters
do i have to feed the sanifters because my lfs said they would eat diatoms and algea but when they are done he feeds them flakes..any help on feather or sand sifter would be nice.

bigarn

You don't have to special feed the nassarius snails (aka sandsifters) they do fine with whats in the tank. As far as the featherduster, it could be either one of the ways you stated. :D

ryand

cool but do i need to give it calcium or anything like that?? its only about 1 cm if that

jsb

I put two of these (nassarius snails) in my tank two weeks ago, and have only seem one of them since. What's the deal?

bigarn

Originally posted by JSB
I put two of these (nassarius snails) in my tank two weeks ago, and have only seem one of them since. What's the deal?

Nassarius snails can stay buried for a long time. The best time to see them is feeding time, they'll come to the surface for food.
You can usually tell where they are by their feeder tube sticking up from the sand. :D