Cool Powerhead Eliminators

fwildthing

just picked up four of these from my LFS. My idea is to use 2 mag 3 pumps outside the tank, pvc over the top and spread these across the top of the water. The go down in the water when the pump is on (controlled by my wavemaster) and rotate every time they come on. Total coverage in my tank and I can remove all the powerheads. the flow in his display tank is awesome!!

acrylic51

Yeah those are "REVS" made by OceansMotions out of Canada.......The bad thing is they have to be pretty far down in the water to actually make them work correctly with the OM's. Are they 180's or 360's? What did you pay for em?

acrylic51

I don't think the Mag are going to fair to well on the Wavemaster for a long period of time....Might be ok at the begining, but the constant on ad off will take it's toll on them.......A word of advice on the "REVS".....to make them go up and down as your describing the ring (piece about 3/4" high) has to be full submerged in the water to make them pop up and down when the pumps go on and off........The bad thing is they are real obvious when viewing the tank.......I installed 8 of them and didn't like the look and removed them in about 1/2 hour of run time.......You would have probably been better off with something like WavySea

fwildthing

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I don't think the Mag are going to fair to well on the Wavemaster for a long period of time....Might be ok at the begining, but the constant on ad off will take it's toll on them.......A word of advice on the "REVS".....to make them go up and down as your describing the ring (piece about 3/4" high) has to be full submerged in the water to make them pop up and down when the pumps go on and off........The bad thing is they are real obvious when viewing the tank.......I installed 8 of them and didn't like the look and removed them in about 1/2 hour of run time.......You would have probably been better off with something like WavySea
I looked at those too.... they are pretty nice. I noiticed his didn't really take away from the overall appearance of the tank....not like the ugly powerheads. You may be right, the mags may not like going on and off, but they are just machines. I don't anticipate any problems (famous last words) with them. His tank is a 250 gallon and I like the way it works. do you still have your set up? I have two more tanks to plumb if you do... LOL
they cost about 30.00 each. I know it's kind of expensive, but i like playing around with stuff like this. they are the 360'S. if they don't work right, I take them out and throw them in the rubbermaid container with all the other stuff I didn't like!!! :thinking:

fwildthing

Originally Posted by kjord97
you selling the rubbermaid container anytime soon hehehe :)
oh, you are funny guy.... LOL
check well known auction site. my failures are listed on there........
thanks for the laugh

acrylic51

His video IMO is decieving.......Trust me those revs have to sit with th top ring under water and they will stick down in eye sight rather far in the tank and there's no way you can go without noticing them.........It might be that in his video showing the model tank the hood might be extended down alittle farther to hide some of the rev......JMO