cool touch lighting

mrgarvis

Does anyone own this type of lighting? I am going to upgrade to a 75 gallon tank and thought about adding 250 watt halides to my system. I like the price, but have not known anyone that has had experience with this brand.

kreach

We have a dual 175 watt MH and dual 110 watt VHO combo canopy that we got from Cool Touch Lighting. Good quality product... we have been very satisfied.

pokdbz

Make sure you get the ones with the PULSE start ballasts or they will not run bulbs 10K or higher.
The ones they sell on ---- are the probe ballasts which only run bulbs under 10K so you would have to pay extra for the upgrade.

calvindo

i'd purchased a unit from them too, was posted on ----. my unit is dual 250w mh and dual vho's.
shipping is prompt, but the ballast was damaged when it arrive. emailed them with picture of damage, a person name Kim sent another ballast right away. She even paid for shipping for the damaged ballast. I think UPS dropped the ballast during shipping... all in all, they replaced it without questioning.
:happy: :happy: :happy:

camurso

i got their single 250w mh of ---- about 3 months ago. im also running a 250w 10k ushio bulb that i bought of of them too. so far no problem with it. the ballast does get a little bit hot but no big deal