Copepod Picture??

reefnut

Has anyone been able to capture a pic of copepods?? If so, how did you do it??
Here's about the best I can get.

shoreliner11

I work in a lab and sort through benthic cores with tons of copepods in them. These are different from the ones in our tanks but if you'd like I can suck some out of my tank and take some pics under a dissecting microscope.
Aaron

keonia

Nice pic Reef~ I was wondering about this also!
I went to a Saltwaterfish store an 1 1/2 away from me and I was amazed. They had these critters growing in what looked like a pipe tube and the owner even showed me a baby starfish!!
QUestion:
When I moved my tank, I saw some little fat bugs -- is this considered a copepod too? It was in my protein skimmer!

reefnut

Originally Posted by Shoreliner11
I work in a lab and sort through benthic cores with tons of copepods in them. These are different from the ones in our tanks but if you'd like I can suck some out of my tank and take some pics under a dissecting microscope.
Aaron
That would be cool if you could!!
keonia, probabley a Amphipod.

bang guy

Copepods buzzing around the head of a Gammarus Amphipod. This is a good pic to show the size of the typical Copepod.

keonia

YES!!!
All the wonderful pics were exactly what they showed me at the New store I found!!
cheezes... These guys were selling it as part of the clean up crew -- $44.99
and not to steal the thread but since the copepod picture question was resolved,
The question is -- the best environment for growing these is in a refuge??
is there any particular way to grow them..if yes (to refugium)?
the fish store I was in had white pipe tubes (laying on the bottom of tanks) and he says they populate faster - any suggestions? I want to get a mandarin goby one day!!