copper band not eating....

some1fishy

As I have researched info on this subject, there are varying ideas as to how to get this fish to eat. He did fine in the lfs and in QT, albeit only 2 weeks but he looked like he was ready to go. so in he went to the display. Both water parameters are almost exact as I have understood the relationship and hobby for sometime now. Ph is low at 8.0 but acceptable. Alk is right on point, temps are stable at 78. calcium is always hovering around 400. I just dont get it. Its been almost a week and I have tried to entyce him with everything I have, to no avail of course! He is picking at and attacking some of the aiptaisia growing in the tank. so it is a help, but nothing frozen, flake or live or dead brine/mysis. The only thing left to try is clams. Which leads me to my dilema.
I live in RI and have access to a wide array of shellfish. I was thinking of going to my fresh fish market and picking up a steamer clam or a little neck or 'foot' depending on how you look at them and place them in the display. My question is, do I need to acclimate these things to the water temp? They are typically cold water shellfish and being that the tank is at 78 degrees.. will this put them into shock? Or who cares... its food? I certainly would love to know as this CBB is an ivestment and also an animal.. No need to kill him off. Any input would be great! thank you in advance..

o2ngk

The fact that he is eating your aiptasia is a good thing. As far as clam, who cares about the temp because it will be his food. I will open it so the clam is served as half shell. Good luck.