Copperband
Chelmon rostratus

[hr]
Max Length: 4 inches
Reef Safe: Yes.
Food: Meaty, brine.
Care: Ideally suited to reef tanks.

dockery07

I dont know maybe they are hit and miss like some angels. I would not try one. I also read some place that they are prone to disease.

donkeykong

My eat all the aptasia then moved on to my star polyps. He had to go because they are also know to eat clams and that is on my list of future plans

slick

He's just mad because I asked him to remove one of his posts. He has 2 of them the same question. I even said please. Man I'm such a jerk. lol

slick

Ok this post is way ot now so please no more posts. I got my answers. Thank you to all that replied to my question.

The size is around 3 inches range and the color is very beautiful in that tank compare to FO tanks. I do not see any immediate damage to his reef tank.
My LFS feel that his reef need "population control" so he put one in. The way I have seen and I do not see any IMMEDIATE threat to reef. I guess it have to depend on how well establish reef tank before consider such that decision.
Another thing I have see Raccon Butterflyfish in reef tank in Atlanta pet store. Same one for over a year.
According from the petstore that Pearl Scale, Raccoon, and Cooperband are reef safe (you have to monitor them careful before you put trust on them. individual differs.) compare to any other butterflyfish.
Good Luck.

q

The copperbands are picky eaters. So be prepared to go an extra mile quite often to sustain the fish.
I got lazy and lost mine. :(