Copperband not eating, help me!

marinegirl28

It's been 2 days now and my copperband isn't eating, hanging around the back of my tank and no other fish are affected. What can I do right now as I'm not sure it will make it much longer as seams weak, I've had her for 5 weeks with no problems until now. She spits the food out and now dosent even seam interested at all. I feed good quality frozen brine shrimp and marine cocktail which all my other fish love, she has ate my little clam I think. Help anyone? I know I may lose her and are very hard to keep but If there is something I can do right now then please let me know. Samantha x

dmanatee

Don't quote me on this one, but sometimes fish will go on hunger strikes. I was a little concerned after my Copperband ate all the aptasia in my tank and it didn't eat for about three days, then I saw it pecking at the sand. I tried several foods and to my surprise when I put a algae sheet in for my Rabbit faced foxfish It went nuts. (Not sure if that's normal behavior or not.) it will now even try to steal the Krill on the tongs for my eel. It seem that once it wanted to eat, it did?

Maybe try some "super small" chopped up squid or clam?
Best wishes!

btldreef

5 weeks isn't very long?
Was this fish quarantined? Do you know how long the LFS had it before you put based it?
Copperband's are prone to parasites, especially worms.
It really does sound like yours has a parasite :-/ it is not uncommon for them to do this

marinegirl28

Thankyou for all your help, I got some clams and tried but without success, I havnt seen it today so I'm assuming its gone off to die under a rock , gutted. I think it got too weak to eat , such a shame. Not sure i will have another as I don't think it's fair as they are so hard to keep and success is low with them. I got a lot of advice from where I got her from, she was netted when I got her and apparently that's not good according to other forums. I will stick with my regal tang, yellow tang, 2 x clowns , silver belly wrasse , emperor cardinal and flame angle , plus clean up crew of cleaner shrimps and snails.
Thanks for your help guys, x x x rip little fish