coral addition?

college kid

Hey everyone again!!! I'm thinking of adding some corals, or whatnot into my tank in a couple months. Right now I have several inverts including hermits, snails, and a cbs. For fish I have a foxface, koran angel, lawnmower blenny, and watchman goby. I'm open to all suggestions on what to add for corals. I have 260 watt PC's on a 55 gal FOWLER right now. Thank you for all your input.

college kid

alright loose the angel, and then coral
are all angels like this, flame was another one that I liked, maybe a reaplacement?

renogaw

dwarf angels are reported to be reef safe.
you'd do fine with zoos, shrooms, kenya, xenia, anthelia, palythoas, frogspawn would be iffy (i have them under pc's), etc. just look for medium light corals and you'll do fine.
you also could do a sun coral (which needs no lighting) but you have to spot feed it.

college kid

The worst part is that is the only fish that is undiscardable (girlfriends favorite) so I'm going to have to wait until I have to make a grave for him.

renogaw

nah, the worst part is that fish gets ugly when it's an adult, and will quickly outgrow your tank.
The Semicirculatus Angel, often referred to as the Blue Koran Angel, is a beautiful juvenile phase fish, which is very similar in markings to that of the Juvi Emperor Angel. The Semicirculatus is a dark blue with narrow white and blue semicircular bands running along its body, becoming more arched towards the rear. The pattern will begin to dissolve into that of the adult at approximately 4 inches. These fish do fairly well in aquariums and prefer lots of rockwork to feel comfortable. The Semicirculatus Angel should be kept in a tank of 100 gallons or larger, so it'll have ample room to roam. They will spend most of their day grazing algae that grows on live rock. They should not be kept with other Angels and only one should be kept per tank.

college kid

well that stinks!!!
He is about that size now, and I have noticed some of the color fading, what color does he turn? Or does it just look faded as they get older?

renogaw

i think i may have been thinking emperor as the ugly fish, but this is a pic of the adult Semicirculatus Angel which is pretty nice looking actually.
edit: well, it isnt the emperor either... one of these turns ugly

college kid

that fish is gorgeous!!!! I hope mine looks like that eventually! Right now mine has a little fading going on. I know the emperor turns a yellow color that is pretty also. Well I will have to do some research and see what he turns into. Thank you very much

saltn00b

hope yours doesnt look like that until you have a 300 gallon tank, appropriate for a fish that size.

college kid

yea what I read was that they do grow pretty slowly, and I'm looking to upgrade in the 200 sometime this summer, need the $$ first.