coral and fish compatibility

fph

I posted yesterday but do not see it now, did I do something wrong?
Retry:
I have 85 gal with 150gal capacity W/D filter and skimmer with 310 watts fluorescent and vho, >120 lbs live rock, well established tank with negative or appropriate reads on nitrates, nitrites, calcium, ph, redox 418. Several soft corals and polyps, mushrooms, pipeorgan all doing well, some propragating. However, pagoda added 3 months ago gradually stopped opening up polyps, does not look sick otherwise. I add usual trace elements, iron, iodide, calcium, vitamins. Any ideas of what might be wrong?
Second, I have the opportunity to obtain a large juvenile emperor angel ( currently yellow tang, large Clark's clown, flame angel, and fairly large miniatus grouper ). Allen's text states that they eat predominately sponges and not coral. If kept well fed, is this likely to work with these low level corals or will I likely regret it?

biggdriver

I wouldn't risk it..Any type of angel can be a nuisance to a reef..Anyway he could grow way too big for the tank..I have also had experience with them getting LLD..lateral line diesease..Anyone else?

fph

thanks
I have gotten a wide variety of responses on this one, from no to yes, so I expect that the result could be highly variable as well.