Coral Banded Shrimp help please! Thank you!

b-diddles

From what I have observed through my own problem and many others on this message board, there seams to be many with agressive Coral Banded Shrimp. I am wondering if anyone out there knows anything that might ease the agressiveness in them. I am wondering if there is a food that you can feed them so that they will not stalk all my inhabitants of my tank. I have only had him for about 3 weeks and I think that I am regretting that decision. I originally bought him because they like Bristle worms and I have a few. I also noticed that the guy in the pet store I bought him from said that he was in the same small tank as the other types of shrimp for weeks. This led me to believe that they can be passive toward other shrimp. I would have bought a Aarow crab for the worms instead but I figured that they eat some types of coral and that the CBS has bean known to be a cleaner on occasion. Any helpful advice?

fau8

Coral and arrows do not mix.
I have a coral that is very territorial and can get very nasty. He is also an oppurtunist with small and sick fish. I have witnessed him grabing and cutting the tails of such fish.
I would try to exchange him for a cleaner shrimp. There much more entertaining and actually serve a purpose.

mantisman51

That's probably a good plan. My CBS is getting traded in as soon as the LFS (only one in town) gets their SW tanks set up. They just moved and don't have the SW equipment in yet. I'm going to order some cleaner shrimp from SWF on my next order and give the CBS the boot.

donald

I have a CBS and tow cleaners along with several hermits and several fish and many corals and i have never had a problem. He will "boss" the other shrimp around but it is all for show. My CBS was in the tank long before any of the other crustations and he is huge. He could easily kill my cleaners and the slow hermits but he doesnt. I do not spot feed him. He fends for himself and does fine.