Coral Banded Shrimp

ctgretzky9

Ive had cbs's in my tanks for years with no problems ever. I do spot feed them occasionally, because i have read-i think even on this site for the description-that if they are hungry, they will rip open an anemone.
So occasionally, while im spot feeding my starfishies, i give hm a chunk of the frozen food as well.
There is always a fine line between spot feeding, however, and letting a creature find its own food like in nature. Some people spot feed too much, and the creature begins relying on this instead of seeking out its own food-and in the case of the cbs which is a scavenger more or less.
I learned this years ago, when I used to always spot feed my cbs's...little suckers would run to the front of the tank anytime they saw me with my grabbers even if i was using them to adjust something! Otherwise, he would hang upside down in his little "cave" all day!

bcollie

Do they get rid of bristle worms? Are they safe with small (tiny) fish like gobies? I had a pistol shrimp grab my high fin gobie in its claw! I've had no shrimp since then. Fortunately, the gobie survived!

zyrus

"Banded Coral Shrimp" It is a good aquarium inhabitant, however, it is not very compatible with Triggers or Wrasses, and can destroy corals and anemones by nipping them open to feed on ingested food. Provide sufficient room to allow it to move without its long antennae touching neighboring corals or anemones. Banded Coral Shrimp must be kept singly, or as a true mated pair, being intolerant of other Banded Coral Shrimp. It may harass other smaller shrimp of different species.
I wouldnt get one but the "Banded Coral Shrimp Yellow" will not go after your coral or anemones.