coral banded shrimp

norcal

how many cbs do you have in your 55? i have three right now and am considering adding some more. i have a spot here on oahu where i can catch them easily in some tidepools. how many do you think i could add. i know that they dont degrade water quality much. thanks

angelsrock

you should get rid of 2 actually unless there are 2 in there that might be a mated pair now. depending on their size the older they are the more likely they are gonna fight. i would get rid of 2 and leave it at that though.

promisetbg

I keep a pair in my 65...they will display and stay more visible if there are two.More than that will fight to the death.

joker_ca

usually CBS dont tolerate each other when they're adults unless a mated pair, but you could try and see what happeneds but be ready to remove them if they start fighting
another thing you could do is keep one and some other shrimp if your CBS is small or he might kill any new shrimp added to your tank

norcal

wow i didnt realize that. ill get one out when i get a chance. they have been hanging out together thus-far. and when i caught them, i always saw 2 or 3 congragated together. maybe they are too young to be aggressive yet or something.

S

sinner's girl

I have one in my 75, had one in 55gl, I didn't know more than one could be kept together.

mudplayerx

Yup. Mine is so aggressive that he even savagely pokes my bubble coral when he walks next to it and it undulates.