coral beauty and a yellow tang

alyssia

IDK, maybe certain types of tangs and angels. Mine have never had any problems together, I have the yellow tang, angel, and kole tang in a 75 (for about 6 months now) and all has been well.

dogstar

Originally Posted by fishyapol
??? can you put a coral beauty and a yellow tang in the same tank????

Yep, and if its a properly designed system for these two species, then they will survive and get along quite well together too. Mine do.

segsig

just scanning posts and noticed this one. Dogstar-what do mean when you say designed for those 2 species????

B

big fish

I dont se why you could not i have a coral beauty and a naco tang in the same tank and they are doing very well.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by segsig
just scanning posts and noticed this one. Dogstar-what do mean when you say designed for those 2 species????
i believe what is meant by this is that the tank has the requirement for the tang and the requirements for the angel. the tang may need swimming room, more flow, good filtration (because they are messy). the angel may need a good 75 lbs rock to feed on.
sorry if i stole your show Dogstar

oceanbreez

Originally Posted by alyssia
I wouldn't see why not.
I have a yellow tang and a flame angel in the same tank.
My tang killed my angel :( . I took the tang back and got credit for it.

pallan

my yellow tang killed my coral beauty as well.
my quess its it is probably hit and miss you will need alot of room and rock for the angel to be able to hid and get away in the beginning. I would definatly if i had to do over add the tang after the angel in order to switch up the territory thing in the beginning.

netta

My yellow tang and coral beauty are best friends also. In the beginning, my family thought it was strange, and thought they were mating :thinking: , they look for food together. I told them that's impossible
It's a joy watching them. I have enough live rock throughout my tank so they can swim.
Net

dogstar

Originally Posted by segsig
Just what I said. If someone puts them in an inproper system then quess what happens.