Coral Beauty Angel

bandman

I think my coral beauty has handled my aptasia problem. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if it means that the fish is hungry?

jon321

Mine sure hasnt touched any in my tank. Although it doesnt seem to graze NEARLY as often as when I got it either...too reliant on forumla 2 flakes and mysis these days.
Jon

bandman

I just got him on Sat. He hasn't touched any food I've put in there, but maybe I'm putting the wrong stuff in. I have 2 clowns that I feed the spectrum pellets. Will the angel eat that or would brine be better?

jon321

Mine didnt eat for exactly 3 days, forumla 2 flakes was the first thing he ate, and what he eats most readily still. I dont think pellets will be taken as easily as they are larger. Id use flakes, crunched into small peices and released under the water so they are not at the surface. Frozen brine and mysis is also taken well. It will not go to the surface to feed like the clowns will.
Jon

eddie1973

It took mine a few days before he starting eating the food. Before then he would eat off the bottom or eat off the rocks. I feed my fish a mixture of things
Frozen Brine
Live Brine
Frozen Krill
Mysis Shrimp
Marine Cuisine
NO FLAKE FOOD

Eddie

jon321

Why do you say no flake foods? All my fish love them, including angel and my anthias. Some are even made for grazers and contain spirulina algae. Far healthier for an angel than all that meat and in particular, all that brine shrimp!
Jon

bandman

Well, today when I got home from work I noticed that he had taken out a feather duster. Is this going to end? I think he's taken out some cerith snails too. Which isn't a bad thing b/c they multiply like crazy. I'm pissed about the duster though. I got some flake food for him, but he seems disintrested. I'm gonna try some brine and see how that works.

cowfishrule

my coral beauty touched nothing for a week.
i would see him picking at rocks, but that was it.
just one day, he decided he was comfortable enough to eat flake / frozen foods.
weird.