Coral Beauty Angelfish

ducky4

HELLO,
I AM A BEGINNING AN AQUARIUM AND I HEARD THAT CORAL BEAUTY ANGELFISH ARE GOOD TO BEGIN WITH. I AM GOING TO START WITH SOME CHEAP FISH. THEN, ONCE I KNOW MY TANK IS READY, I AM GOING TO ADD THE MORE EXPENSIVE FISH IN. IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CORAL BEAUTY ANGELFISH THAT IS IMPORTANT? OR MAYBE EVEN A FEW TIPS? THANKS.
~DUCKY4

T

touchthesky00

ok well first of all
u might want to post in the new hobbyists forum
what size tank do u have
is it set up?
do u want a reef tank?
there are a lot of things to consider before jumping right in

darknes

First of all, welcome! Second, you should really post this in the New Hobbyist or Fish Discussion forum.
What size is your tank? The coral beauty angelfish is a fairly easy fish to keep, as long as the tank is fully cycled.

K

kikithemermaid

Well they can't be kept with other angels, and need at least a 50 gallon tank...but this should be in new hobbyist.

mkzimms

if your doing a reef tank make sure you do your research concerning angels... some angles, coral beauties being one of them, are known to pick at corals from time to time. on the other hand they are very pretty and hardy.

ducky4

I Have Already Set Up My Tank And Rock. The Filter Is Going Through The Water To Make Sure The Water Is Fine Before Putting Fish In. I Have A 60 Gallon Tank. I Also Have Inveryibrates On The Rock. No Coral Yet. Any More Sugestions?

ducky4

Oh, And I Have Had An Freshwater Aquarium So I Am Not Quite A Begginer. But I Guess You Could Call Me A Half Beginner!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ducky4
http:///forum/post/2563648
I Have Already Set Up My Tank And Rock. The Filter Is Going Through The Water To Make Sure The Water Is Fine Before Putting Fish In. I Have A 60 Gallon Tank. I Also Have Inveryibrates On The Rock. No Coral Yet. Any More Sugestions?
Do you have test kits? What are the readings?
Originally Posted by ducky4

http:///forum/post/2563655
Oh, And I Have Had An Freshwater Aquarium So I Am Not Quite A Begginer. But I Guess You Could Call Me A Half Beginner!

Salt water is quite different from fresh water. Please take a look around this site and read up about keeping saltwater fish.

michaeltx

are you thinking of going reef or a fish only system?
as you will see in the marine aquarium if you take the hardest fish in FW tanks that the for the lower fish in SW tanks and increases from their on your selection on what you want to have in the tank.
Mike

T

touchthesky00

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2564305
On another thread he said he already has Damsel fish in the tank. Something doesn't right here.
i also saw this
and how he has an inwall tank with fish

ducky4

Please disregard this thread. My daughter who is 12 years old posted this question. We allowed her to pick out her own fish for our new tank and she got a little excited. I did not realize she posted on the message boards. I'm sorry she took your time, thank you for your responses.
Ducky4's mom