Coral Beauty Dwarf Angelfish

mixmaster

I've been fish keeping for about 12 years now, and have kept coral beauty before, but never with soft polyp corals. I've seen conflicting reports whether it will nip at stony or soft corals, and I don't know which one to trust. I have several expensive and very beautiful specimens in my tank, and don't want them eaten! :) If anyone has experience with this fish in a reef, let me know!!! THANKS!

panhead

mine picks at everything in the tank bar none
am told mine is the exception to the rule but I
would not chance it, Id get rid of mine if only I could catch it

grayne

I have a coral beauty and it has never bothered coral of any type. It seems to be happy to pick at live rock though.

carrie1429

Mine never picked at anything but each fish has its own personality so some will pick at corals and some won't. IMO I wouldn't add one if you have a lot of expensive corals because although the cb may not pick at them there is a chance that he will. JMO :)

mixmaster

THANKS EVERYONE!
I decided not to get one, and went for a Purple tang instead. I got a great deal on him because he has the beginning signs of HLLE. The lateral line is all healed, and his head is healing already with the great water in my reef. Hands down, I like the purple tang better than the CB. Thanks again for all the info!
Mike

msgail5325

Originally Posted by MixMaster
THANKS EVERYONE!
I decided not to get one, and went for a Purple tang instead. I got a great deal on him because he has the beginning signs of HLLE. The lateral line is all healed, and his head is healing already with the great water in my reef. Hands down, I like the purple tang better than the CB. Thanks again for all the info!
Mike
Do you have any angelfish? I have a sick one and thought you might have knowledge about it.

sharkboy13

dude all the posts ur responding to r way old, most of the ppl havent been on in like two or three years