Coral Beauty Help

senormatt

I am having trouble feeding my new Coral Beauty. he is in qt everything is at 0 ph 8.0-8.1 all is good. he has been in the tank for 3 days and wont eat anything. I have tried brine, mysis, cyclopeeze, flake, algae sheets. The tank is new i seeded from my dt day before. if anyone has any advice feel free.

midas

I always make sure that the fish eats before I buy it. Did you get it from a LFS? Sounds like it's stressed or sick. What is your water temp? Did you medicate it in QT?

senormatt

temp is 77, I got it from a reputable LFS, no medication in tank, lots of places to hide, he comes out swims around and everything he has tried the mysis and cyclopeeze and spits it out.

midas

I would call the store and let them know about him not eating.Try bringing your temp up to about 80, not to fast. It sounds to me like he's probably not going to make it. :( The only other food that he might try is nori.
No spot's, sores, leison's, or anything like that on him? Do his gills look good?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by SenorMatt
http:///forum/post/2652633
temp is 77, I got it from a reputable LFS, no medication in tank, lots of places to hide, he comes out swims around and everything he has tried the mysis and cyclopeeze and spits it out.
I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet. I have dealt with CB's. They need time to adjust. He will eat anything in time. How any time have you tried the mysis and cyclopeeze? He is likely not spitting out all of it. Try adding other foods. Have you tried adding any garlic to the foods?

senormatt

I have not tried the garlic yet. Can i use minced garlic in water? I have tried the mysis and cyclopeeze twice. Today i will try again.

j-ville

Mince the garlic up with some mysis and try that. CB are often finicky at first as are most of the dwarf angels. I would just be patient, when it gets hungry enough, it will eat.

senormatt

now he's opening his mouth really wide almost like he's gonna hurl. is this bad? No eating yet from what i can see

kjr_trig

I did not QT my CB, and I am glad because it took him a while to accept my offerings, but he ate off the Live Rock in my DT all day so I didn't have to worry (obviously no LR in my QT). It took maybe 10 days before he started to eat what I offered him, now he eats anything and everything.
Great avatar pic BTW

j-ville

http:///forum/post/2654646
now he's opening his mouth really wide almost like he's gonna hurl. is this bad? No eating yet from what i can see
They do that from time to time. I don't believe it's a problem, since my fish do it alot and they seem to be healthy. Maybe they're just tired, lol.

senormatt

so turns out he has not eat in 1 week and this morning he was pretty much belly up. This aft he's dead. I wish i had not paid $60 for him.

scarolinaguy20

How much live rock and hiding places do you have in your tank? I got a CB just a couple of weeks ago and it was a challenge for a week. After being in my tank for about two days white spots appeared on his fins and face (ICH). I added vitamin C to the tank, added garlic to the food. But the key was a freshwater bath with some methylene blue. The next morning he ate like a horse. The ICH fell off and so far so good. My CB now eats like crazy but he really needs alot of hiding spots, so the stress level is down. Sorry to hear about the loss. Sometimes nothing works.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2662417
so turns out he has not eat in 1 week and this morning he was pretty much belly up. This aft he's dead. I wish i had not paid $60 for him.
that sucks, I hope that wasn't 60 USD.

kaliman33

i did'nt think these where hard fish to keep, mine ate the very first day and never had any issues, sorry for your lose, i know how it feels