Coral Beauty or Flame Angel?

fgcu14

I'm stuck between the two. I like them both but was wondering which is more peaceful and will not harm corals. Let me know your personal experiances with both.

monalisa

Originally Posted by fgcu14
I'm stuck between the two. I like them both but was wondering which is more peaceful and will not harm corals. Let me know your personal experiances with both.
I had a coral beauty in my 37gal tank for close to 2 years...she would still be with me but she didn't fare so well during my recent change to a 46gal. She was very peaceful and well behaved...well, ok, she antagonized Scampi (coral banded shrimp) once in a while, but only in fun.
I'm definitely looking to getting another cb angel!!
Lisa :happyfish

fishkid2

i like the flames better because of the color. i have a beauty in with one softy, but thats just mine. mine is also pretty agg.

dogstar

The CB is generally reconized to be more peacefull than a Flame...As far as corals go, I have both and neither bother my corals to a point of damage but both do pick at some on accasion.

fisherkid91

Just got a CB yesterday for my 35gal and is doing great, started eating the second I fed it, it hasnt really picked at the corals, every once in a while it'll take a nip but its no big deal.

scrapman

I'm looking for a flame angel myself (because of the color) to finish my stocking (90 gal). I have posted a thread not too long ago about behavior and colors and got some good feedbacks. Do a search "flame angel".
I worry about the possibility of coral nipping (I'm just starting on the soft side). I'm also concern about the natural shyness of the flame angel.
Your input pls.

rbaldino

I've had both and would say the CB is hardier and more peaceful than the flame, not to mention cheaper.

X

xnikki118x

I always loved flames but I bought a coral beauty because she was $30 cheaper. I still have her and I love her, she's my favorite fish.

fgcu14

I think I am going to go with the CB! I have to wait another few weeks though...I am babysitting a sailfin hes really cool. Too bad I can't keep tangs in my tank.

albfishin'

I've had both. Unfortunatelly my CB died due to an ich outbreak in the tank. It was a great community fish and left all my coral alone.
I then got a flame. So far, it has also been a great community fish and has left all my coral alone.
IMO its just a matter of basically which color scheme you like. The CB will be cheaper, both have been super fish for me.
In either case, just make sure you have a bunch of lr and keep them well fed and they shouldn't bother your coral. Both definately liked to forrage (sp?) on lr constantly. I would also recommend supplementing with algae sheets. My flame likes red algae, my CB liked green. Good luck it is a tough decision to make. Let everyone know what you decide on. :happyfish