coral beauty with corals?

just wondering, ive seen on a few sites that coral beautys will nip at hard and soft corals, my wife LOVES that fish, so i got her one the other day, but she also wants some pollups and stuff like that........will the coral beauty nip or is he ok with them? TIA

I've seen them more prone to nip at the stonies more than the softies. You just have to watch and see. I really like coral beauties and am curious to know who has success with them in the reef

yes they are very beautyful fish, and fun to watch, thinking of gettting a coral or two today, just wanted to make sure before i did so.

joesox

I have had my coral beauty in my reef for about two years and I have never seen him nip at any corals. With that being said, all fish have their own personallities, and you could get one that is not so nice! But IMO it is worth the risk because it is my favorite fish in my tank.

so far he is leaving the pollups alone, we have about 3 or 4 that came on our rock, and there fine, so im sure others would be too, or some softies :)

iechy

I've had one in my tank for a year (also at the request of my wife) and it has never bothered anything but I do not have any SPS so I can't give testimony for that. It has never bothered any softies or my LPS though.

ags

I have had two stints with coral beauties in my reef and neither messed with the corals. Great addition in my opinion. Full of personality and engergy.

wrassecal

Another coral beauty owner in a reef owner... 1 1/2 years and no problems. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.:D

yea im sure 20 is to small, i think you need at least a 30, they seem to like to swim alot, and having lots of LR seems to help too, they graze on it all day.

C

cowbuoy

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
if they aren't good with corals .....................
then why do they call them CORAL beauties?????????????????

C

cowbuoy

I've seen them more prone to nip at the stonies more than the softies.
the consensus of retailers ( who want to sell them) is that they are not reef safe

the claw

I have the gamet of corals, and have a flame and coral beauty (seperate tanks) and they have been "Perfect little Angels".:)