Coral farm is almost done...

fellow

Great setup!!!
Two things:
You might need more shelf space.
That Ca reactor is going to be your best addition to the tank.
The lighting set is perfect.
Whose plans are you using to build the Ca reactor? I would be cautious when you add the reactor...monitor everything very closely at first...I have many horror stories, but I am sure that with the investment you have made you will monitor everything VERY closely.
GL
-Fellow-

richard rendos

fellow - I used Geo's basic design but altered it slightly. I use all hard PVC, John Guest quick fittings, John Guest valves, and the new reactor will have an internal spray bar to provide more even circulation. I have other tanks with DIY reactors on them, but this will be my first with this design.

fellow

that is a proven design, so if you have built before you will have a great successful reactor. Is the spraybar of your own design?
-fellow-

broomer5

Very cool Richard !!!
I'm sure you're having a blast with that project !
Everything looks good - very well thought out for sure.
Can't wait to see the plumbing/filtration/water change pics ;)

richard rendos

Filtration picture. In the first picture you can see a ball valve attached to a garden hose adapter...this is how I can do a really quick water change. Open the ball valve going to the hose adapter, and close the ball valve going back to the tanks...instant 30-40 gallon dump, and 2 - 32 gallon rubbermaid garbage cans holding freshly mixed salt water to the right (outside of the pic) to add new salt water. Takes about 10 minutes to change 40 gallons out of the system.