Coral Feeding

rbrockm1

I have kenya tree and a tree coral. i feed them micro-vert by Kent. its invert food for fine filter feeders. Is thsi good stuff or can i do better

murph145

i think coral food is a lil bit of a waste... how often u feeding them this.... IME i just feed my fish and let them poops and my corals are all happy... this filter feeding food can become problamatic if u dont remoe it with ur filtration leading to phosphates

pfitz44

I personally use DTs phytoplanton 2 times a week... Ive got a 90 mixed reef. As long as you test for phosphates, and keep them in check, you'll be fine. Corals do need food as well as light, IMO.

aztec reef

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
thats interesting. so don't feed them this stuff anymore or once a week.
you could for a treat, But IMO is useless. If you wanna feed them something i would go for DTs live phytoplankton..

kevin34

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
whaTS DTs
I was wondering the same thing. Is that a brand name? Also what do you feed corals that need to be spot fed such as a sun coral?

pfitz44

yea.. DTs is a brand... check your LFS in the fridge. Salad shrimp works for spod feeding.. thats what i do to my brain 1 a week... mysis shrimp wors as well...

aztec reef

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Also what do you feed corals that need to be spot fed such as a sun coral?
You can feed the sun pretty much anything that you feed the fish (like formula frozen foods). Just feed it with a syringe (without the needle).