coral growth slowing down

wetone

I have a Colt coral which in a 2-3 month time frame easily doubled in size, it grew so much that it now has 3 main stalks connected to 3 separate pieces of live rock. I have fragged numerous pieces from this main coral. In the past 2-3 months this major growth spurt has slowed,(I also noticed my green star polyps whose mat was spreading everywhere is slowing too). All levels are perfect. The only change is I stopped feeding DT's about the same time (because I ran out and haven't replaced)Do you think this could be a reason??

wetone

Phospates, nitrates are at 0
70g with 30g sump, 125lbs LR, doing monthly water changes of 15g with RO water. 2 250w 6500k MH and 2 110w VHO actinics. Everything looks great including SPS, but have noticed slow down in the Colt growth

kelly

Your lights could also be starting to deteriorate. When is the last time you changed them. I have never used DT's, but if you stopped feeding them, it could affect their growth.

wetone

All lights are about 12 months old. The MH's are on about 5 hrs a day...the VHO Actinics are on about 8 hrs a day.
I guess it could be time to order new ones

predator

Those VHO's need replacing. I think that they should be swaped every six months. But I may be wrong on that.