Coral ID please

jugger

just noticed this little guy growing on a frogspawn stalk....it appears to be some kind of SPS....almost like a digitata but the polyps are alot longer, clearish at the base but vibrant green at the tips....if i touch it the polyps retact back into the stony part of the coral....and its small amount of growth patern has been branching

R

royalshrimp

did some research and i also agree with skilos... good job skilos, exelent :yes:

jugger

humm...well the tips are small like the size of digitata's BUT they have very long shafts....so only the tip is the same shape as a digitata but the digitata's dont really expost a shaft that attaches the polyp tip...these shafts are ~1/8" long....i dont have a birds nest but arent their polyps very very small??? and i dont know what a Seriatopora guttatus is,,, any pics???
it almost does loook like a alveapora if im correct in think what that is... any pics of one??

R

royalshrimp

its either an alvea or a birdsnest,the first pic looks like the nest but the second pic looks like an alvea. not to sure?:thinking:

jugger

this pic is of a green digitata...and the unidentified coral has polyps shaped like this but stick out of the stony part 5 times longer than a digitata

R

royalshrimp

how much do those go for??? if there expensive you are one lucky guy jugger!:eek: :yes:

S

spsaddict

20-30 bucks a frag.. thay are georgeous when a full blown colony..
and rabbit thx for the confidence...

jugger

thats good to hear...are they fast growers??? this one seems to be.....when i got the frogspawn that it is attached to it wasnt there...then i noticed some vibrant green color glowing under the actinics about the size of a pincil tip....month later its about the size of a dime and branching off in 4 directions

jugger

remmeber this guy...hes still in the same not ideal spot and gets stung by the frogspawn sometimes but is doing well...now the size of golf ball

montidanae

try moving it off the frog, the frog is stunting its growth and harming it by stinging it, yes they are fast growers, good steal those by me go for 50-60 a frag....

jugger

i just switched out the bulds the other day and had lots of bleaching on a a few corals....(should have only switched out one bulb at a time)...its hard to get a good picture of it because the frogspawn completely blocks it during the day.....but the closer to night time when the actinics are on the frogspawn closes up alowing me take a picture of the birds nest...so yes the actinics make it look lighter than it actually is but from the bulb replcaements it has bleached alittle....they are still PCs (unfortunatly)....i plan on fraging in the near future and giving it a better loaction....but thats going to be hard to do as the 20 gallon is WAY stuffed with coral and everything is fighting for reastate