coral ID please

integral9

can anyone tell me the name of this coral. Got it from a another hobbiest, but he didn't know either. He just called it "Golden Rod".

integral9

definately an SPS. I think it's a branching variety, not acro. I can't find it on any site. The hobbiest said it was rare. The peice in his tank was like 2 -1/2 ft long with just 3 braches.

myzislow

Originally Posted by Integral9
definately an SPS. I think it's a branching variety, not acro. I can't find it on any site. The hobbiest said it was rare. The peice in his tank was like 2 -1/2 ft long with just 3 braches.
that is definitely an acro of some sort.

reefer545

BULL! It is a gorgonian! it is often calle da yell0ow spiny. Does it sway in the curent? If so, gorgonian, if not, sps, and I am wrong. But most likely, these people are dumb, and the voral isa gorgonian. No offense.

b bauer

Originally Posted by REEFER545
BULL! It is a gorgonian! it is often calle da yell0ow spiny. Does it sway in the curent? If so, gorgonian, if not, sps, and I am wrong. But most likely, these people are dumb, and the voral isa gorgonian. No offense.
wow a little harsh no offence

reefkprz

um yeah, definatly not a gorgonian.
I would say acro of some sort, I'm not the greatest with SPS Id's

maxalmon

coraljunky

integral9

Bali Slimer it is. I have another pic of it w/ the actinics on and it's a bright green. I posted the yellow pic since the hobbiest said it was "golden rod" and I thought that might help.
Thanks guys.

sharkbait9

some ketchup with your crow

myzislow

LOL, you're 0-2 in your last two attempts at a coral ID
And we're the dumb newbs

groupergenius

Was that serious???

teen

i agree with bali slimer. just has some extreme PE. its really close to impossible to be exact though without a close up and skeletal analysis and what not.
lol