coral ID please

hawkfishman

i got some live rock last night from a guy that tore down his tank. i dont know how big the tank was or how long it was up, but i am curious what this little yellow thing is on the rock. i touched it and its kinda squishy.

tur4k

I'd be careful touching unknown stuff on your live rock without gloves. Some stuff can sting.

hawkfishman

i was quite leary(or leery w/e) about touching it cause it kinda looked like a baby brain coral. i didnt know what they looked like when small(like if they are closed up then open as they grow) but thankfully it didnt sting me :)
and yea the "holy light" is kinda cool, but hey what can ya expect from a cell phone camera...

speg

The sponge will more than likely go away after a while :( but it's memory will remain...

hawkfishman

aw poo. it looks cool. theres actually 3 of them that ive seen on that rock.amazing what u will find on LR. always makes me think what im gonna find next.

speg

Absolutely. I had some FL rock with some yellow sponges like that but they died pretty quickly.. I'd literally find new things ever day.. even now after my rock is over 3 years old I just found some feather dusters that I didn'tknow about.