Coral ID plz

zanoshanox

that piece is like 5" in diamter....i'm not sure how many polyps....what do specamins this size usually go for? Light/flow requirements? additional information?

bears

flow-moderate to strong
light- I would say moderate-Favia species if often found at depth of 25 to 30 feet and is therefore not accustomed to high intensity lighting but, rather, to lots of blue. When first placing such a coral in your tank it is prudent to shield it somewhat from too strong lighting (this is especially the case if you are using metal halide lights or several VHO type bulbs). Once the coral acclimates though, it can gradually be exposed to more lighting.
It is a filter feeder
also sense it is around 5" it would go for around $50

bears

ya, it is found in a wide variety of colorations from duller flesh-tones to bright orange-yellows.
Also I would keep it pretty far away from other corals because it's sweeper tentacle can extend to almost or the same length as it's diameter.
also I said before it is a filter feeder but it will help it if you target feed it plankton or brine shrimp.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
best to feed it at night or early morning when the lights are off and sweeper tentacles are out?
yes that the best time, but you can always trick it into eating whenever you want by squirting a little food on it and waiting a minute for it to extend its tentacles then feeding it.