Coral Life Skimmer 125

al&burke

I have a HOB 125 coral life skimmer, I have alot of problem with bubbles getting back into the tank. Has anyone ever tried plumbing the discharge into a HOB tank with baffles and sponges to eliminate the bubbles. I want to raise the PS and pipe the discharge to the HOB tank with baffles then have it naturally drain back into the main tank. Would this put to much back pressure on the pump.
Thanks if anyone can help, or I might just try it and see what happens.

reefkprz

the coralife skimmers are notorious for micro bubble annoyances, as well as flooding issue and being annoyingly difficult to tune and greatly affected by water levels. those units while they skim well are best relegated to sumps where the flooding wont be an issue.

T

tatoo3

That is kinda good to here because I have a CL Super Skimmer 220 and have the same problem. I am always ajusting that nob and when I do I have to watch to make sure that it dosen't overflow.

jackri

I would only run one in the sump -- I know I'd come home to wet carpet if it weren't sitting in there.

al&burke

I am working on it right now, should start to build it this weekend. I will let you know, thanks for the replies, I am new to the whole SWF thing, but I am really enjoying it, and this site is very helpful, great. Right now I am running a cannister filter FX5, I am hoping to build a sump/refugium eventually. Would like to put it in the basement and pump it back to the main tank. My tank has been set up since christmas.