Coral Placment

I have a 35 hex, I am planning on adding some Mushrooms & Zoo corals. Where in my tank should I put these & whats the best way to attach them to my L.R.?

demartini

Put them wherever you want. You can glue zoas to rocks. if you have loose mushrooms then place them in a cup of LR rubble inside your tank... in a couple days they will attach to rocks and then you can place them anywhere.

so it dosen't matter I can put them top bottom middle
when u say glue do I need to take my reef apart to glue rock together? I don't get what you are saying?

premilove

nah man. get some coral frag glue and glue the zoas to the rocks. when you glue them to the rock they will tell you if they are happy where they are. for example, i had the same tank as you. i have over 25 morphs of zoas. its hard to get an even light distribution and flow in a hex tank. my armor of gods and nuclear waste land frags and jolly green giants literally stretched towards the light. you can see the body elongated upwards. same thing goes when they are under too much light. they will retract more..some zoas do not require too much light. just do some research! i eventually got rid of the hex and bought a nano only bc it was hard cleaning, getting good flow and not too much swimming area..

premilove

wait if the coral is already on a rock, i wouldnt glue to another rock? just place it on the rock and as long as it doesnt fall you're fine